Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Your vote really counts!

If you know me at all, you know that I am absolutely not about to get into anything political here on the blog. I read a few of the forwarded emails that I get and look at our local (yet famous) cartoonist's interpretation of some things and chuckle. I have also done the responsible thing and already voted for our Nov. 4th election. But, for the most part {get ready to cringe, because the most ignorant statement is about to come out}, I DON'T CARE. Of course, I want our country to prosper and I want our small business owners to thrive (we are one). I do not want any tax increases and I want a Christian running this country who will be sure that we stick to the values that we were founded on. But, that's about it. I have voted and I am ready for this to be over. It is now in God's hands.

The IMPORTANT election occurred yesterday at school. E ran for Vice President of the Student Council. I didn't even know that she knew what the Student Council was! She came home one day last week and said she was running. This is not consistent with her personality. She has just started to enjoy dancing on stage in her recitals. It has taken 5 years! E made posters and gave a speech on stage with a podium, while parents, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders watched. She did great! She spoke slowly and clearly and she enjoyed herself! She did not win which upset her, but she did her best and tried hard. We celebrated her accomplishment with a Bruster's visit after dinner. Everyone was so proud of her!

So, don't forget to vote Nov. 4th. If you are still undecided, E is available...you can always write her in!

PS. Please don't comment on my ignorance...in times like these, it IS bliss!

No comments: